Friday, June 25, 2010

What are we to do for the "Least of These?"

Who is Anne Marie?

She is a little orphan girl in Eastern Europe.
She has blue eyes, beautiful cupid's bow lips, and blond hair. She has a heart murmur, and Down Syndrome. She desperately needs her mama and daddy to commit to her before she is sent away, forever.
Anne Marie will be 5 years old on November 25, 2010. Her time is short.



ere are some words from the Bible:

Proverbs 24:11 "Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering towards slaughter"

Proverbs 24:12 "Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, holds us responsible to act"

Psalms 68:5-6 "A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy habitation. God sets the solitary in families, He brings out those who are bound into prosperity"

James 1:27 "Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in thier distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you"

Matthew 18:5 "And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf, is welcoming me"

..and there is so much more, when you look.
Can you afford NOT to care? Can you turn anyway and do nothing, and by so doing, turn away from God's commandments?
In Eastern Europe, children born with disabilities such as Down Syndrome, Arthrogryposis, Cerebral Palsy, and many other disorders are left in orphanages as infants. They are considered taboo and are not wanted. Many are tied down to thier cribs, never seeing the light of day. They do not take baths, their teeth are not brushed. They are considered unteachable and worthless.
Worst of all, by age 4, these precious children are sent to adult Insane Asylums, where most will die from lack of care, medication, and love within the first two years.
Please go to Reecesrainbow.org to learn more and see the faces of these children, all waiting for their families to find them.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Heather...your words are so very touching...If one looks at her...and turns away...they have no heart...I wish I could reach my arms around her and love on her...just to show her she will NEVER be alone again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really cannot imagine seeing her picture..and then forgetting and going on. She is a precious jewel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really think one of you should go for it!!! I mean...go for HER! Nice job Heather on the blog. I love what you did to her picture...precious.

    Sorry I haven't been able to email. Comcast isn't working for me???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!!! Somebody did the first donation! Thank you so much...Hopefully, this precious girl with have a Momma and Daddy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I had to delete my first comment... I am a ding bat! Your blog is beautiful. Anne Marie looks like an angel in that picture!! I will put her button on my blog and thank you for putting Anastasia's here too!

    ReplyDelete